This particular mod for Minecraft gives your character the power to assume the form and abilities of any mob you manage to defeat in combat.
There’s an old expression that goes “you are what you eat.” The Morph Mod for Minecraft gives that old saying a slight tweak by giving you the ability to become whatever creature you defeat in battle. Once you’ve defeated a mob, you will then metamorphose into that creature and gain any movement-related powers of that creature. Use this mod in a multiplayer game and have your friends guess which mob is actually your character before you sneak up and defeat them. Use it in a single player game to pretend that you’re a character like CAPCOM’s Mega Man, Syler from “Heroes,” or John Carpenter’s “The Thing.”
Those familiar with the “Ben 10” franchise should be familiar with the Omnatrix, a gadget that allowed the titular character to assume various alien forms. This mod adds a similar feature with its transmutation log. Once you have turned into a mob, you can simply access the shifting wheel to revert to normal, assume the form of a mob you have previously turned into, delete stored mob forms, or even to turn into Dr. Trayaurus. You will gain all of the animations and mobility of an assumed form but more unique or iconic mob abilities, such as a bat’s ability to hang upside down, cannot be acquired.
- Modular Nature. This mod's signature feature works with regular Minecraft and mobs from other installed mods.
- Sensibility in Forms. Some assumed forms do not allow the use of a hand for punching.
- Shifting Wheel. Pressing "[" or "]" brings up a menu for shifting back to normal or to previously assumed forms.
- Altered Perception. Field of vision adjusts to that of any assumed form.
- Altered Nature. Flying and swimming mob forms allow flight, aquatic mob forms grant water-breathing.
- Limited Abilities. Unique abilities of mobs, like a Creeper's detonation, cannot be mimicked.
- Locked State. Shapeshifting cannot be turned off unless the mod is disabled.
If you have been looking for a mod that lets you experience a wide array of forms, this should scratch that particular itch. Just because everybody starts the game of Minecraft as Steve, does not mean that you always have to look like him.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Morph Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Morph Mod 1.12.2, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.12.2 →|
| Download for 1.12.2