ModLoader is a Minecraft mod manager and organizer. It works up through Minecraft version 1.6.2, but has since been replaced by Forge.
ModLoader was created by Risugami in an effort to make installing mods to the game easier. It runs quietly in the background while the Minecraft client is active, keeping the installed mods working properly. While it is difficult to install itself, the trouble becomes worth it in the end. ModLoader will create a new folder called Mods within the Minecraft data files after it has been booted up for the first time. From this point, any mods downloaded are dropped into this folder. ModLoader works automatically, preventing complications that may arise due to conflicting mods without any further prodding from the user.
Due to the fact that ModLoader is so efficient, most coders make it so that its use is required. Not every mod will agree with others, and this ensures that nothing will hamper game play. It is not required for all mods, but it is still highly recommended by serious modders to use it all the time. There is nothing worse than the game breaking and needing reinstalled due to a conflict between two mods…especially when something like this exists to prevent that from happening.
- Allows for fast installation of new mods
- Automatically runs with the Minecraft client
- Adds a new folder to the Data files where mods can be dropped into
- Prevents complications due to conflicting mods
- Helps organize mods so they are in the proper load order
ModLoader is a useful tool for Minecraft. It allows safe installation of mods without the fear of conflicts. It makes installing new mods easier by creating a new folder to install them to. Serious modders recommend its use because so many mods require it to function.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the ModLoader Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for ModLoader Mod 1.6.2, 1.5.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2