If you don’t fight, you die. Minecraft’s Walking Dead mod spawns tons of zombies, and you get the pleasure of blood and guts AND walking with Rick.
This nifty mod has improved Minecraft in numerous ways, least of all more chances to hack a walker and hang with the characters of The Walking Dead. The Minecraft wizards have given players more flirts with realism in the game that are echoes of classic Minecraft, like searching for water and crafting all weapons.
Better animations also improve player experience, with more pop-up structures at unexpected times and a heightened sense of surviving a zombie apocalypse. When Daryl shows up, be prepared to sling arrows. More Walking Dead characters also make appearances, like Michonne and Carol, but don’t cry too long – the walkers are still out there and they show up with a vengeance.
The overall experience is one of seamless continuation of the television series, with the bonus of interactivity with Dead characters and retro flashes to Minecraft staples that keep the game, well, a Minecraft incarnation. Only bad-asses need bother with this mod, as the zombie body count will climb faster than you can say “come at me.”
- Easier to farm for flesh
- Same weapons used in the series, which can be crafted by players
- Hints of realism, such as the need for water to survive
- More zombies than you can shake a stick (or axe or hammer) at
- Randomly-generated structures
- Thirst/blood bars
The mod requires Minecraft Forge to operate, but that’s no biggie. Minecraft’s Walking Dead mod will survive…and Rick will show you how. Install now to find a way…and keep walking.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the The Walking Dead Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for The Walking Dead Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.8 →|
| Download for 1.8
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2