Minecraft is a game full of creative potential, but the fact that one starts the game with nothing but fists can be a headache. The Starting Inventory Mod fixes this problem.
From building Palaces to Retro Games, Minecraft has proven to be a powerful tool as well as a game in its own right. There is so much excitement to start playing with the sandbox that the game provides that it can be frustrating when one realizes that one must first build the starting tools. Depending on the player, this can be long and tedious. With the Starting Inventory Mod for Minecraft, players can decide what they start with. For example, if players want to tackle a particular monster immediately, they can start out with full armor and weapons.
That does not mean that this mod breaks the game! Even with it installed, players will still have the option to not use it and play the game normally. By allowing players the option of customizing their Minecraft session, this mod adds in an incredible amount of additional replay value. In a way, the mod itself can add a whole new play method to the game. Though the mod allows for players to start off with items, there is a limit on how many items are allowed. Players can use this limit to create all manner of survival games that they can play, solo or with their friends. There is also something to be said about starting out the session incredibly powerful and simply dominating every challenge. There are many different ways to use this mod thanks to its ability to be tailored for individual needs.
Fundamentally, this mod is a great middle ground between Game Mode and Creative Mode. Players are able to control just how powerful they are at the beginning of the game while still enjoying challenging features of the game play such as monster spawns and quests.
- Allows for items at the start of the game
- Items can be specified by ID number
- Configuration options to limit where chests spawn
- Uses convenient commands
- Well documented and tested
Minecraft is a fun game that can be made to allow for even more customization by using the Starting Inventory Mod. Players can truly have the full power of the game at their finger tips with this mod.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Starting Inventory Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Starting Inventory Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.8 →|
| Download for 1.8
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2