While Minecraft already incorporates plenty of options for multiplayer gaming, this mod lets you work the hobby sport of paintball into that fun.
For a fan of paintball, it can be disappointing when schedule, weather, or distance issues prevent you from participating in the hobby, The Paintball Mod for Minecraft serves as a mild substitute for the real thing, letting you enjoy the hobby within a game known for its creativity in design and terrain and without any weather issues beyond the occasional power-killing thunderstorm. This mod doesn’t just give you a single recipe to craft a mundane paintball gun; it offers several different varieties of weapons that can fire pellets of any color supported by the game’s palette.
Even a single paint pellet recipe, consisting of four glass cubes and the colored dye of your choice, creates 36 paint pellets. When building your paintball loadout, make sure that you use the same color of dye for your armor and weaponry that you use for your ammunition. The last thing you want to do is to start firing pellets colored just like the enemy team’s color, unless you are secretly planning on playing as a saboteur.
One major perk of this mod, beyond the pre-established crafting recipes for the necessary equipment, is that you can create some insanely cool and challenging terrain in a fraction of the logistics required for a real location. While a paintball player can easily bob and weave within industrial and forest terrain, the same cannot be said for a Minecraft paintball course laden with lava, ice blocks, conveyer belts, and all sorts of other hazards.
- Hobby Armor. This is paintball-style body armor that can be dyed any color for teams.
- Paint Weapons. This mod offers pellet-firing pistols guns, shotguns, and rifles.
- Paint Explosives. This mod adds paint-loaded C4, mines, and grenades.
- Fortifications. This mod offers recipes to create weapon racks, medical stations, and instant bases.
- Insta-Base Interface. Right-clicking this item spawns a two-level base with chest, furnace, and crafting bench.
Whether you want to participate in every-man-for-himself gameplay, a multi-team skirmish, or even a capture-the-flag match, this mod can quench any and all of those thirsts. One benefit of Minecraft format paintball, over the real version, is that there is no chance of being hurt or needing to clean up.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Paintball Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Paintball Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.8 →|
| Download for 1.8
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2