Archimedes’ Ships Mod for Minecraft is a mod that allows you to craft your own ship using any materials and sail it across the ocean.
This mod is a brilliant alternative to the one block boats that you are provided with in vanilla Minecraft. After installing the mod, you can use any material you desire to build a boat as large as you want. The great thing about this mod is that your boat can be your home. Place chests and beds on it and sail around the world with everything you need at your hand.
In order to use the boat, you will need to build or use the helm and place it somewhere on your ship’s deck. This is the only block that is necessary for your ship to work, but it also comes with other blocks to enhance your ship. When you’re ready to sail your boat, you just need to activate the helm block and you’ll be able to move the boat around. When you want the ship to stop moving, you can right click to stop steering and be free to get off. Your boat will not move.
Another amazing feature of this mod is the air balloon it includes. Using wool and string, you can make a balloon that can be attached to your ship or any structure to make it fly. Again, you will need to use the helm in order for it to work. Measurement gauges can be attached to the ship or air balloon to tell you the directions and speed of the ship. Like most mods, this mod requires Forge for it to work.
- 8 new items including helm, gauges, floater, air balloon, passenger seat, crate, steam engine, and shore buffer.
- Sail long distances and quickly get to new lands in your boat
- Fly high above your world and see great distances with your flying ship or air balloon.
- Your boat is quick to create: just add the necessary blocks and easily get sailing.
- Allow as many other players to come with you as your ship will hold.
This ship mod adds in a feature that the original Minecraft creators forgot: transportation for the explorers of Minecraft. Instead of using the original boats, the ship mod allows users to really explore their Minecraft world.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Archimedes’ Ships Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Archimedes’ Ships Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2