As mods go, the Railcraft Mod for Minecraft is quite out of the ordinary, and a fun exploration of rail transportation logistics, if there ever was one. It is also useful in non-traditional transportation implementations.
If you have ever worried about placing your different Minecraft sites, or worlds, too far apart, then worry no more, because this mod is the professional race car driver of easy to build and easy to operate rail transportation. This mod gives you the ability to build railroads, at any location and for whatever distance, either one-way or switchable. This includes a vertical rail that is used for platform elevators, called an Elevator Rail. All components are highly customizable.
You can install Loaders and switch tracks anywhere. The included sophisticated automation systems work like magic, especially in concert with some features of the Forge and IndustrialCraft mods. You can have Steam Locomotives, Exploding Carts, Liquid Tank Carts, and handy rail-mobile Energy (Generating) Carts. But, perhaps the most useful cart for mining is the Tunnel Bore Cart machine, which digs huge tunnels really fast.
The latest version of this mod kit has come a long ways from that plain vanilla rail car system for mining, to a powerful, fully customizable rail and elevator transportation system. And, the powerful Hopper Blocks are now included, to make the automation look real, at a distance. There are Blocks for Steam Boilers, Cart Dispensers, Loaders, Unloaders, and special Detector Blocks as well.
- Completely configurable
- Reliable Signaling System (no more head-on collisions!)
- Multi-Block structures are now possible
- All rail cars, carts, and locomotives are now linkable
- Fast Crowbar feature: quick rail adjustments on the fly.
For large Minecraft server farms, this mod is an absolute necessity, as it is a great way to connect all the different communities between players in MineCraft. This mod is the ultimate connector in sum total of all things Minecraft. And, it's a great diversion from the usual digging and running and screaming.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Railcraft Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Railcraft Mod 1.12.2, 1.10.2, 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.10.2 →|
| Download for 1.10.2
|... for Minecraft 1.12.2 →|
| Download for 1.12.2