Lions, tigers and bears, oh Minecraft. The Mo' Creatures mod is a fun way to infuse your game with all kinds of crazy wild life, some of which can be domesticated and tamed to be kept as pets or construct your own personal wildlife sanctuary. Read on for more about the mod, how it will alter your game and why it's the perfect addition to any player who wants a little more wildness in their world.
The mod, created by player and mod developer Dr. Zhark, was released back in 2010 but is compatible with the most recent versions of Minecraft, so whether you’re playing a beta or just downloaded the latest update, you’re able to populate your world with more crazy critters than ever before and start having a totally new and exciting kind of adventure.
In addition to zombie and archer-skeleton slaying, you can set out and gaze with wonder at all the vivid, active and let’s admit it, downright adorable new creatures that now roam the plains of your world. There are the most noticble big animals like bears, elephants and a variety of big cats, but there is also a slew of new mobs and objects that will jampack your world and give you an entirely new potential game play possibility. Some of the mobs include deer, bunnies, insects like roaches, butterflies, ants and moths, dozens of different fish. While some like the aforementioned are passive mobs, there are also some hostile ones that will pose new and challenging threats to you in the game. These include foxes, who still have the tendency to attack even if they’re tamed. They are wild animals, after all.
It should go without saying that lions and other big cats are generally not of the friendly caliber, though some are neutral. Other animal’s display some realistic characteristics, only turning on the player if he or she provokes them in some way, such as trying to milk a male goat or taking a female ostrich’s eggs.
Whether you’re looking to tame some furry new friends or turn yourself into a hunter who scours the world looking to take down the toughest of the animal kingdom, there’s something in Mo’ Creatures for you.
- Dozens of new creatures to both battle and tame.
- Over 40 mobs add exciting new challenges.
- Mod-exclusive objects such as the Essence of Light and Heart of Darkness.
- Potential to tame animals such as big cats and craft your own sanctuary/zoo
- Animals are detailed with realistic behaviors
The Mo' Creatures Mod for Minecraft is a must for any hardcore animal lover, but just as recommended for any player who has gotten a bit bored with their game and wants a new challenge that spans beyond the typical mobs and standard pigs and cows. Mo' Creatures won't just give you something to do, but will also add a sense of vitality to your world and make it feel much more alive and evolving than ever before.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Mo’ Creatures Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Mo’ Creatures Mod 1.12.2, 1.10.2, 1.8.9
|... for Minecraft 1.5.2 →|
| Download for 1.5.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.2 →|
| Download for 1.6.2
|... for Minecraft 1.6.4 →|
| Download for 1.6.4
|... for Minecraft 1.7.2 →|
| Download for 1.7.2
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.8 →|
| Download for 1.8
|... for Minecraft 1.8.9 →|
| Download for 1.8.9
|... for Minecraft 1.10.2 →|
| Download for 1.10.2
|... for Minecraft 1.12.2 →|
| Download for 1.12.2