Do you like Minecraft? Do you like post-apocalyptic media, such as the "Fallout" series of role-playing games or the "Mad Max" films? This mod is the perfect blend of both those elements.
After getting your fill of the default, un-modded state of Minecraft, you may have started longing for a way to bring a stronger survivalist element into the game. The “Last Days Mod for Minecraft” seeks to make itself the solution to these desires through a variety of new features that are common tropes of post-apocalyptic media. As survival tends to be the most prevalent element of post-apocalyptic films, books, and games, having food is no longer a binary situation; uneaten food will spoil and rot. Additionally, you can only carry so many items; this even more of an issue due to the limited storage size of backpacks your character can wear.
Once you’ve got some food, you’ll want to prevent enemies from taking it from you. This mod adds shotguns, rifles, machine guns, and a few new varieties of explosive to your gameplay experience. You could easily work this element into a multiplayer server by placing a massive haul of preserved food at the end of a wide map of varying terrain types in Creative mode, then placing concealed explosives and gunners throughout the course to mow down the racers. The last character standing becomes ruler of the mountain, only to fight off the army of competitors, revived as zombies.
- Customizable Inventory. You can tweak your character's backpack load.
- Explosive Armaments. This mod adds several varieties of firearms to the game.
- Perishable Goods. Food can, and will, rot if left uneaten.
- PG Violence. Blood effects are added to slain mobs.
- Modern Armor. This mod adds armor types more commonly worn by riot police and biker gangs.
Blood, gunpowder, the constant need to find enough food to survive, are all additional content granted by this mod. Just make sure that you've got enough ammunition for your zombie-slaying shotgun to make sure you and your food last.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Last Days Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Last Days Mod 1.8, 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.8 →|
| Download for 1.8
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10