The Conquest Resource Pack for Minecraft is an add-on that dramatically changes the game's appearance. It features a medieval theme, greater detail, and many alternate block textures for expert builders.
If you’ve ever wanted to build a giant castle or recreate your favorite fantasy setting, the Conquest resource pack is for you. New textures like wrought-iron torches and bookcases full of leather-bound tomes provide a distinctly medieval atmosphere to your world. A higher texture resolution adds more detail to every block. Even bare cobblestone turns into an attractive building material with this resource pack.
Conquest also adds many new blocks in the form of biome-specific textures and new variants of existing blocks. Decorative objects like wine bottles, icicles, nets, and iron chains are all added as new versions of cobweb. Placing some of these blocks in different locations will change them further, with icicles turning into moss in jungle biomes and stalactites in extreme hills. The Connected Textures feature adds new blocks in yet another way, by automatically changing their appearance when placed together. For example, stacking iron bars on top of one another will create a rack of weapons. Stacking certain types of stone will create a pillar with different textures for the top, middle, and base, all using a single type of block.
Making full use of all these new blocks may require the use of mods, however. Depending on the nature of your build, you may need the ability to change the biomes of areas as small as a single block. Setting up mods can be tricky, but the creative freedom allowed by the new blocks is well worth the effort.
- Medieval theme.
- 32x32 pixel resolution.
- Connected Textures feature alters block appearance based on neighboring blocks.
- Biome-specific block textures.
- Additional block variants for map makers.
- Animated smoke blocks.
- Frequent updates.
Conquest Resource Pack for Minecraft is an excellent add-on for making a rustic or medieval world. The improved textures greatly enhance the beauty of your builds and help to reinforce a more thematic appearance. Expert builders will love the amount of detail that can be achieved with the additional blocks.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Conquest Resource Pack from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.