The Aether 2: Genesis of the Void mod for Minecraft adds a new dimension based on the Aether dimension once planned to be added by Mojang that was later scrapped and remade into the End dimension.
Aether 2 adds to Minecraft a new dimension, new blocks, new mobs, new crafting recipes, new items, new dungeons, and new bosses. The Aether dimension is balanced for players who are strong enough to reach and retrieve glowstone from the Nether. Once in the Aether, progression is similar to the progression of vanilla Minecraft, with multiple dungeons of varying difficulty, weapons and armor of various strengths appropriate to the areas in which they are found.
Upon arriving in the Aether, a player is advised to build a house to protect them from the many enemies that fill the new dimension. Players may be attacked by cockatrices, living whirlwinds, tempests, and zephyrs, to name just a few. Giant aerwhales swim through the sky, and the Aether offers its own counterparts to nearly all vanilla animals found on the surface.
Once the player is prepared to venture forth, they can challenge randomly-generated dungeons holding fearsome enemies and wondrous treasure. At the end of a dungeon, the player will face a powerful boss mob guarding the dungeon’s most valuable treasure. At present, only the Slider’s Labyrinth is implemented in the Aether II; upon reaching the end of the Labyrinth, players will face the Slider, a dangerous foe immune to swords.
- A new dimension to explore, build in, and fight through
- New armor, tools, and weapons to equip and use
- New blocks to build with and use in crafting recipes
- New mobs to tame, farm, and fight
- New bosses to challenge the player
- A new, self-contained storyline under construction
The Aether 2: Genesis of the Void is one of - if not the - largest mods created for Minecraft. With a new dimension to wander, based on cut content by Mojang itself, the Aether adds hours of playability and fun to any Minecraft world.
How to install:
- Please make sure you have Minecraft Forge installed.
- Download your version of the Aether 2 Mod from below.
- Find the minecraft application folder.
- Windows: Open the Start Menu and go to Run. Type %appdata% and click Run.
- Mac: Open finder. While holding down ALT, click Go. Then on Library in the top menu bar. Now open the folder "Application Support" and look for minecraft.
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Put the downloaded file (.jar file) into the mods folder.
- Now start Minecraft. Click the mods button.
- Congatulations! You should now see your brand new installed mod.
Downloads for Aether 2 Mod 1.12.2, 1.11.2, 1.10.2
|... for Minecraft 1.7.10 →|
| Download for 1.7.10
|... for Minecraft 1.10.2 →|
| Download for 1.10.2
|... for Minecraft 1.11.2 →|
| Download for 1.11.2
|... for Minecraft 1.12.2 →|
| Download for 1.12.2